The Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing ETM Upskill
The aim of this qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise classes in a health club environment.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing ETM Upskill Entry Requirements
- Some experience of studio-based exercise classes is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units (24 credits).
Coursework/Project, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment/Assessment.
- This qualification provides progression to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in group exercise to music instruction.
- Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Pilates or Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers.
- Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to Level 2 qualifications in instructing Circuits, Step and Aqua.