The Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
This qualification is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding and understanding of environments other than the work environment.
Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- There are no specific entry requirements.
- Learners must be 19+ and have occupational and technical competence in the area (s) they wish to assess.
This qualification is intended for those who assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding in environments other than the work environment (for example a workshop, classroom or other training environment. It includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence) :
- assessments of the learner in simulated environments
- skills test
- oral and written questions
- case studies
- recognising prior learning
This qualification comprises of successfully completing both units (9 credits).
Portfolio of Evidence
- This qualification provides progression to the following additional assessing qualifications: Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Environment.
- This qualification provides progression to the following additional assessing qualifications: Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
Qualification Structure and Unit content:
- This qualification comprises of 2 mandatory units:
- Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Unit 2 – Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge, and Understanding
- Succesful achievement of both units must be achieved for the full qualification.