The Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
The aim of the Level 3 Award is intended for those who assess skills, knowledge and occupational competence in the work environment.
Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment Entry Requirements
- there are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
This qualification is intended for assessors who assess occupational competence in an individual’s work environment. It includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence):
• observation of performance in the work environment
• examining products of work
• questioning the learner
• discussing with the learner
• use of others (witness testimony)
• looking at learner statements
• This qualification is open to all (learners must be 19 years old or over) and have occupational and technical competence in the areas that they wish to assess
• This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to widen their career pathway and skill set within their chosen sector through assessing.
• The objective of this qualification is to give assessors the knowledge and skills to assess occupational competence in an individual’s work environment.
This qualification provides progression to the following additional assessing qualifications:
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Mandatory Course Units:
Unit 1- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
Unit 2 – Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
Successful achievement of both units must be achieved for the full qualification.