The Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
The aim of the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, without acute/post acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- There are no specific entry requirements.
The Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) will equip learners to prepare for employment in a specific occupational area. The qualification allows learners to train to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment.
The qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2 and can be achieved in the context of Gym, Exercise to music, Water-based Exercise and Physical Activity for Children.
To achieve the qualification learners must complete 4 mandatory units from the mandatory group (14 credits) and one optional pairing in the context of either Gym, Exercise to Music, Water-based Exercise or Exercise and Physical Activity for Children. The total credit value of the qualification is 23 credits.
Learners must complete the five mandatory units (37 credits).
Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
- This qualification provides progression on to:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy.
- Routes into fitness instructing.
Mandatory Course Units:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage (Level 3) (Credits 10)
- Principles of health and fitness (Level 2) (Credits 3)
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction (Level 3) (Credits 3)
- Professional practice in sports massage (Level 3) (Credits 5)
- Sports massage treatments (Level 3) (Credits 16)