The aim of the Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to treat and/or seek to correct common patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
Learners must hold the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy or equivalent.
Learners must complete three mandatory units to achieve the full Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy qualification (19 credits).
and skills to be
allowing them to treat and/or seek to correct common patterns of dysfunction and pre-diagnosed injuries. The
qualification is suitable for individuals who wish to pursue or further a career in sports massage, providing sports
massage therapy to a wide range of clients, inclusive, but not limited to sports performers,
- To provide learners with the skills and knowledge to be able to assess and treat/ seek to correct common
patterns of dysfunction and suitable pre-diagnosed injuries.
To understand the clinical procedures for client assessment and treatment planning
To be able to conduct objective physical assessments
To understand the purpose of neuromuscular and soft tissue
mobilisationtechniques used in sports massage
To be able to apply effective neuromuscular and soft tissue
utilisesoft tissue techniques appropriate to specific clients
To understand treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair
Mandatory Course Units:
- To achieve the qualification learners must complete all three of the following mandatory units (19 credits):
- Conducting subjective and objective assessment (Level 4, 7 credits)
- Provide sports massage techniques to prevent and manage injury (Level 4, 9 credits)
- Treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair (Level 4, 3 credits)